Saturday, July 20, 2024

Saturday cleaning...

20 July 2024: Getting things ready for a two-night sleepover visit from Krista and Isla starting tomorrow, which somehow led to unexpected cleaning.

Things I said goodbye to today:
  • The old TV I bought when I moved into this house. The HD ports stopped working years and years ago, so basically, it's no good for streaming or any kind of internet TV (which is all I have these days). Took it to the recycling center (and left the recommended $15 fee in the lockbox).
  • A bunch of old cords, batteries, and a toner cartridge (again, yay for the recyling center). 
  • My elementary school soccer participation plaques, which my dad gave me--along with a box full of other awards and certificates years ago. Everything has stayed right in the box until today. I thought about keeping them for a second, but then realized they don't have my name or even a date on them. And even if they did, they aren't destined for some museum. Sadly, those just went in the trash. Don't believe they are recyclable. 
There's been a decent amount of purging/decluttering this summer, the result of having time on my hands. Not sure how far it will go before the summer's end, but it does feel good. 

No comments: