Monday, March 13, 2023

"Thank you for everything..."

13 March 2023: I found myself saying the words in this post's title out loud as I pulled into a parking spot today. I was thinking about--of all things--how many great podcast episodes I had to listen to and the specific ones I'd play on my walk. I just felt grateful for little things like that: people talking about ideas, art, and culture. 

As soon as I said it, I was struck by how seemingly silly it was to thank God for something like that, but I also realized the "everything" was a gesture outward--to all the wonderful parts of this life, all the gifts God gives us (and how they help us through the hard times). The moment stretched into more moments, and this gratitude has been on my mind all day. 

Actually feeling a bit melancholy today--cloudy weather, work stress, a long list of work to do on this "Spring Break," and a this lingering illness are all bringing me down. But having this gratitude running alongside all that is itself such a gift. 

No comments: