Thursday, March 23, 2023

Much needed win

23 March 2023: Today was a lot. This whole week has been a lot. I could go on and on about everything that's frustrating, dumb, infuriating, and overwhelming, but I want (need) to focus on a win that rolled in early this evening. A student/advisee has a hold on her account because she has a balance. This student has been through it this semester--for reasons out of her control. And she needs to stay on track to graduate ASAP and get out on her own. I don't know the specifics, but I know that's true. I asked--if she was comfortable sharing--how much the balance was. Just over $300. For so many students, this amount of money is the difference between continuing with an education or leaving. 

Sent a quick email to our VP of Enrollment Management wondering if Last Dollar Funds might help her. This was at maybe 3:00. Just before 5:00, I got the email that she had been awarded the funds. On a day where I had cried some overwhelmed and frustrated tears at my desk, literal tears of joy and relief filled my eyes. 

The Lord provides. 

No comments: