Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Off it goes...

7 October 2020: As I walked to my class in Reynolds Hall today, Carrie was waiting outside. Usually that means the technology isn't work (she teaches there right before I do). "What's wrong this time?" I asked her. 

"Nothing wrong. Just weird," she answered. "There's a bird trapped in there."

Lord, did I worry about that bird. It flew back and forth throughout the class and looked stressed. And yes: I sure did project every bit of my own baggage on that little creature. (Among other emotions, I kept thinking about being stuck in the GSO airport on my way to an interview in upstate NY, watching a bird fly back and forth, trapped inside.)

When the class was over, I found a door in the back to prop open. A couple of hours later, Carrie texted me that it got out. What a relief. 

No comments: