Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Eye-opening...

7 May 2019:

[Catch-up post" my laptop's charger cable stopped working last night, so I am saving every little bit of juice it has left until the replacement cord arrives, thus, no post last night.]

Amy is fostering a mama cat and five tiny kittens. One of them had an eye still closed, but we couldn't tell if it just hadn't opened yet. I took a good look yesterday (May 7) and thought I saw that it was a bit crusty. So we got a warm washcloth and I held the little one while Amy gently wiped the eye. Seeing it open? What an amazing moment...the kitten even changed the way she was behaving--she got antsy and excited.

(Apparently it was closed back up today, so she'll have to keep an eye on it (ha?), but it is good to have a better sense of what's going on.)

No comments: