Friday, February 15, 2019

Little pauses...

15 February 2019: Sometimes I have a day that is so darn pleasant and lovely that I make myself pause for a moment and take a note of it. I'm not talking about extraordinary or special days, but in fact those that are rather ordinary and so good in part because they are so ordinary.

These are almost always moments when I am alone, but don't feel alone. Today it was as I tied up my sneakers before an afternoon walk.

It's like I tell myself, "Remember this feeling for the moments when you don't feel this way. Remember how, in so many ways, this moment isn't that different from those."

And I try to think about why and try to capture some kind of an answer so that I can turn to it during the next not-so-pleasant moment.

And I know I might not be able to pull off that trick. But I also try to imagine me in that future moment, remembering this one, and telling myself it will be okay.

In other words, today was a pretty good day and I want to remember sitting there, tying my shoes, and smiling while thinking about how sweet life can be.

No comments: