Thursday, October 4, 2018

"The Shannon Niehaus Lobe Fan Club"

4 October 2018: It's been just over a year since Shannon died. It is still hard to believe. But a final gift she gave my Roanoke friends and I was making us all closer, putting us back in daily conversation with each other. Back when she first got sick, the rest of us started this group text (actually on Messenger) and named it "The Shannon Niehaus Lobe Fan Club." That thread is still going strong and continues to be a place where we share updates and stories of our days, get support and advice from each other, and make each other laugh. Tonight is no exception. One of us texted that she needed some good vibes. The rest of us happily sent them her way. And now we are texting about silly stories from years past. The thing is, I didn't realize how much I needed this tonight until the messages started coming in.

What a blessing to have these women in my life 24 years (!) after we met.

No comments: