Sunday, March 4, 2018

Conversations with myself...

4 March 2018: To be honest, I am dragging today. This cold stinks and I am pretty darn tired. I have fourteen more Annotated Bibliographies to grade (and have had that many since Friday afternoon), but being busy and being sick has really frustrated my efforts. And I was bummed about that. I really wanted to have them done by Monday.

So today I had a conversation with myself. I always impose these ridiculous deadlines on myself to return stuff. Like, I never take a week. Which is crazy. And today I was like, "Who sets those deadlines? And why?" I set them for myself to please myself. That's it. The students don't care too much if they have to wait an extra couple of days. And if the self-imposed deadline no longer fits what I want to do/can do, then I get to change it.

I mean, it's so simple, isn't it? But I had to talk it out. Maybe this is some of the wisdom that comes with being 40?

No comments: