Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gift to myself...

Check out what I just bought myself. With my garden producing dozens of tomatoes (especially yellow pear tomatoes) and the (now recovering) zucchini and peppers coming along nicely, too, I am anticipating continuing to have more fresh produce than I know what to do with. And in the past, every time I've looked at recipes that call for intense chopping or a food processor, I just move on, since I don't have the equipment. Now I'll be in business, baby! Feel free to share any recipes for lots of tomatoes...

P.S. I'm also contemplating taking up canning. Lord help me!

4 comments:

AMT said...

I have that! It's great. I also have a big food processor, but the little one is nice to have for small batches of things.

I looked into canning a few years ago (looked at the equipment and read some books) but decided to focus on gardening first and then figure out the canning. Then Abigail was born last year and canning just got pushed aside for a bit. Good luck with your fun projects. Do you still have that tomatoes over pasta recipe I sent you last year? It is really good.

Heidi said...

Oh good! Another endorsement of the product! That makes me feel better.

I don't think I have that recipe anymore, which bugs me. Can you send it again? Pretty please???

Heidi said...

Oh good! Another endorsement of the product! That makes me feel better.

I don't think I have that recipe anymore, which bugs me. Can you send it again? Pretty please???

AMT said...

I will see if I can find it and will send it again.