Monday, February 9, 2009

GRE Flashbacks...

So Michael Bérubé took the GRE subject test in English again, wrote about it, and posted his results. Brave man.

I remember taking this test...it's a bitch to study for. Basically, you need to know everything about literature before you even start graduate school. I think I got in the 75% percentile--good enough, I suppose. I also remember learning two answers on the way to take the test, just from reading introductions in the Norton Anthology. That should give you some clue about this test...

By the way, I remember meeting Bérubé really briefly when he spoke at UNCG several years ago. He's a scarily intelligent man...no wonder he scored in the 99% percentile.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

just want to put my two cents in...

gre subject tests SUCK! the biology one was ridiculous!