Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Philadelphia Road Trip, Part II

Our next stop that first night was Arcadia. Vogel had recently told me that I would love one thing about her school--that there was a huge castle on the campus. She wasn't kidding--and it is pretty darn cool. You can read all about it here.

Some pictures from castle:


Impressive, no?


Closer-up. The stop-sign kind of ruins the effect, though.


A view of one of the towers.


I thought this archway shot was cool, but the mini-van kind of ruins it.


A view from around back.

I also took a bunch of close-ups of the gargoyles and faces carved into the stones.


What the heck is this?


Scary!


Scarier!


This one looks well...constipated.

Finally, I talked Vogel into posing all around the castle.


Happy Vogel.



Eventually, I told her to put a bit of emotion into it and pose triumphantly.



My secret hope was that the English department was having a meeting in one of the rooms and was looking out thinking, "What the heck did we get ourselves into?"

1 comment:

Kate said...

Cool! As far as I know, not even Windsor Castle has constipated gargoyles! That's something special.