Thursday, February 6, 2014

"How to Cash in on an English Major"

5 February 2014: (Another late one...) The post's title comes from a presentation my dear friend and colleague Tim has done several times for our English majors, most recently for the groups of students in our senior capstone class. He did the presentation yesterday and, even though I've seen it before, I still enjoy it every time. It's funny, informative, and valuable. And he's so very good at presenting it. As I watched him, I thought how fortunate I am to have him as a colleague and friend. He didn't even hesitate when I asked him to do it again. He's just always there when I need him. That's awesome.

[These posts have been awfully schmaltzy lately, huh? In fact, Tim said to me today, "You are just a big old heart, aren't you?" Sometimes, I guess I am...]

No comments: