Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Philadelphia Road Trip, Part I

A couple of weekends ago, Vogel and I took a trip to Philadelphia. She was apartment hunting since she's just landed a tenure-track job at Arcadia University. Of course, I brought the camera along and snapped some totally random pictures. Seriously. These are all over the place.

First, some pics from the road. (Vogel actually took all of these, since I was driving.)


This one just made us laugh. "School students" seemed a bit redundant. I suppose it isn't as funny now.


A lovely picture of a horse's ass. Actually, since this was the day before the Belmont Stakes, we just pretended that this big brown horse was Big Brown, the triple-crown contender.


What self-respecting English academics wouldn't take a picture of Faulkner collision? I also like this building because of the gecko on the left.

Eventually, we made it to our hotel, which was actually in Fort Washington, just outside of Philadelphia. Not much worth talking about there, except that in front of the hotel was the strangest Subway I've ever seen.


I mean, I kind of get it--subway/train car, but still...random.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so great that William Faulkner's family has a business.