Saturday, March 4, 2017

Ten Years of Storycorps Griot

4 March 2017: "I think I take you for a bunch of reasons. One is so that you can see what it looks like when people come together. But also that you understand that it's not just about people that are familiar to you but it's about everybody....If you decide to be a cab driver, then you've got to be the most impactful cab driver that you can possibly be." --Albert Sykes, to his son Aidan Sykes, after Aidan asked "Why do you take me to so many protests?"

This Storycorps interview had me laughing, smiling, and tearing up while I listened to it on my walk today. It is part of a larger episode celebrating ten years of Storycorps' collaboration with Griot. Give the whole thing a listen. It's so worth it.

Albert & Aiden Sykes from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

No comments: