Friday, March 31, 2017

Full day of convention-ing...

31 March 2017: "A kind of guerrilla feminist..." --Student at a session today, discussing Rebecca Harding Davis. I really loved this idea and the images it brings with it.

It's been a good day at the Sigma Tau Delta Convention, and a day that has given me lots of time to embrace this year's blog theme and just listen. The students here are so bright and energetic and have so much to say. And they are worth listening to. I could have listed any half dozen smart lines like the one above. I just picked that one because it came early--during an 8:00 a.m. session. If these students are representative of what English departments across the country are putting out there, then we can feel pretty good about ourselves.

Of course, I am a bit biased about two of the best: these fabulous Shepherd students and my travel companions.


No comments: