Sunday, January 8, 2017

"Tiny repairs in reality"

8 January 2017: "It was like a little repair in the world, you know? But just a tiny little repair." --Shelia Heti, on the 10th episode of the Sleepover podcast, in which all the participants reflect on their experiences.

I blogged about this podcast less than a week ago, so this feels like a bit of a cheat for the daily post, but it's been a kind of quiet day in terms of being around other people. It's frigid outside, and though I did take a quick trip to the store this morning and later took a long (and COLD!) walk around my neighborhood, I haven't really had much aural interaction with the world.

Beyond that, though, I think Shelia does a great job summarizing what is so appealing about the Sleepover podcast and its overall mission: get people together to listen to and talk with each other and you can make these tiny but meaningful repairs to the world. I love that. We need more of that.

No comments: