Saturday, January 28, 2017

The first victory

28 January 2017: "[This is] the first legal defeat of the Trump administration" --Chris Hayes reporting from a federal court house in Brooklyn, explaining a stay granted to a refugee trying to enter the country.

I turned on MSNBC just not at precisely the right time, with tears coming down because I am so sick over what is being done to our country. I was sitting here feeling hopeless and helpless again, my heart breaking for refugees and all good and decent people who want to come to this country. So this victory over the administrations evil order, while it might be a small victory, provides just a bit of light.

But my God, where will it stop? I love this country so much it hurts sometimes. And it's been hurting so much lately.

No comments: