Tuesday, October 29, 2013

When inspiration strikes...

...you just go with it.

I've had these two small(ish) but important writing tasks that have been on my daily to-do list all day long. And I kept putting them off, doing every other thing on the list. At around 9:00, I thought to myself, "Well, I guess they just won't get done today."

So why in the world do I, all of the sudden, start working on both of them, at the same time, at nearly 10:00 p.m.? That just isn't the way I work anymore. Those late-night, writing-all-night efforts? I left those behind in my early grad-school days. Granted, 10:00 isn't "late" by lots of people's definitions, including my own, but it is certainly past my writing timeline. I can read, grade, even do some research after 10:00, but in general, there ain't a lot of writing getting done. So this is weird. 

But again, when you've been waiting all day for the urge to get these things done and the urge suddenly hits, you go with it, I suppose.

1 comment:

AMT said...

10:00 is late by my standards! I hope your writing went well.