Thursday, June 28, 2012

Getting to know you...

The "you" in this post's title refers to my newest adventure in research: a long anticipated project on Fanny Fern that I am only just starting. (It's not that big a project--for now, just a paper for SAMLA in November.) Anyway, as I look towards wrapping up one big project (that MELUS article I mentioned here) and get ready to start writing another conference paper (this one on Constance Fenimore Woolson, for the SSAWW conference in October--and the research/note-taking is done on this one), it seems like the right time to start the Fern project. I will confess, though, to having a lot of it already written in my head.

Major nerd alert, but it's so true: this first phase of research--hitting the MLA bibliography, ordering ILL materials, printing off articles, picking up books, really diving into the conversation--is just always so exciting to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved reading Fanny Fern in your American Lit class, and think it's so cool that you're writing an article about her/her work! I would love to read it when it gets published. :)

Heidi said...

I am glad you liked Fern so much. She really is terrific. I am not sure yet if this project will reach the full-length article stage, but it's good to know I have a ready audience if it does!