Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Stonewall Jackson's arm and other famous peoples' parts

Check out this interesting article. Who knew that Napolean's ummm....manhood...was a collector's item, currently owned by an American urologist? So very strange.*

For some reason, this article also got me thinking about Jeremy Bentham, the English philosopher who requested in his will that his body be preserved and displayed in a cabinet. You can read all about that creepiness here. Seriously--that picture of his body sitting there creeps me out big time. It doesn't matter that it's a wax head. In fact, the whole head business only adds to the creepiness.

A very random post, I know.

*I think my blog is losing coolness points (Amber will have to confirm this, since she's the self-appointed judge of such matters) because I chickened out about using the original title I wanted to give this post: "Napolean's Penis." I just couldn't bare to see that in large print or on the sidebar of recent posting.

2 comments:

Karma said...

Wow, That's a little creepy. I checked out the article. Thanks for sharing it. I had no idea about this kind of thing with dead people's body parts. It's actually really interesting with a tad bit of awkwardness pulsing through the room now.

Shannon said...

strange... very very strange. hmm... I wonder which of my body parts will be most valuable and sought after once I am dead!!!