Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Master of None

4 July 2017: "I don't even know if it's about her. I just--I miss that feeling. When we were together doing all that stuff...I felt really connected to somebody. And it felt good. Now I just feel fucking alone." --Dev to Arnold, in the last episode of Master of None.

Oh man, this season of Master of None was just amazing. I can't say enough about it. Tonight, I finished it up watching the last two episodes, those focusing on Dev's relationship with Francesca. They are sweet, funny, stunningly romantic and heartbreaking. What a great example of art that is so very specific yet, through that specificity, taps into something universal. The way the tension builds and builds in the penultimate episode but doesn't resolve...that's life, isn't it? And Dev making lists in the finale to help him get over her? Well, as a compulsive list-maker, let's just say I could relate.

Apparently, Aziz says they might be done with this series. If they are, I get it. I am just grateful for the 20 episodes we got, especially these last ten.

No comments: