Sunday, April 30, 2017

New 'do...

30 April 2017: "High five!" --the little kid getting his hair cut next to me today, thrilled with how his spiky mohawk turned out, giving the stylist some grateful affirmation. This whole process was so cute to watch. He was maybe two or three years old and at first was scared to be in the chair, but some reassurance from his parents and a lollipop from the stylist settled him in. And then as she worked on his hair and he saw it becoming just what he wanted, he got so smiley and confident and happy. I mean, my haircut is pretty good--I like it just fine--but I wish I could feel a fraction of the way that little dude felt as he saw the finished product.

I also like that today's post is about a little kid and yesterday's about someone over 90 years older than that kid. Here I am, in the middle, listening to them both and trying to learn what I can.

No comments: