Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

14 February 2014: No school again today, which was kind of a bummer. We have missed so many days and it's been really hard to get and keep a rhythm going this semester. Moreover, I count on work to you know, actually see people. So, I was ready for it to be a kind of gloomy day--solitary, a bit depressing.

But today also brought lots of sunshine, which really helped with the roads in town. I went back outside to dig away the 2 feet of snow the plow deposited in my driveway. Sigh. While I was shoveling, a neighbor I hadn't talked to before came by with her dog and we had a nice conversation. Then I had a great phone call with my friend Jane, which always makes me feel better. By the afternoon, people were slowly venturing out onto the roads. They were cleared up enough that I was able to meet some friends in town for dinner.

And, all in all, it turned out to be a lovely day.

No comments: