Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tiny Teaching Triumph

(I am borrowing "Tiny Triumph" from one of my favorite podcasts.)

The William Carlos Williams class was awesome, folks! I won't share any of the students' "This Is Just to Say" poems, but let me say that they were so much fun. Some quick observations:

1) They excelled on sex-related poems. No comment.
2) 2012 campaign managers, take note: economics ("Sorry I stole your money...") was the second most popular subject.
3) About half-way through the first class (I teach two sections), I started thinking, "Either these folks have done (or thought about doing) some awful things, or they've had people doing them wrong." I also decided that I didn't want to know which it was.
4) I'll totally do it again.

1 comment:

AMT said...

So glad it went well!