Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Done!

I am trying to keep this relatively quiet, since most of my colleagues are still mired in grading, but I am DONE with mine as of about 3:00 yesterday afternoon. Some of the credit is due to early exams, but I also just plowed through them, determined to get done as soon as I could.

More good news: my dad had a heart procedure yesterday that (for once!) went amazingly well. He had to spend last night in the hospital, but should actually feel better once he gets home. Believe me, that is so not the usual pattern. And God bless the scientists/doctors who had made such amazing advancements in technology. Yesterday, his doctor was able to remove a blockage that had been untouchable and untreatable since 1989. That's 20 years. Amazing.

The cherry on top: tomorrow, I have a day of Christmas shopping and fun with Jane on the schedule.

I haven't said this for a while--haven't had the heart to in the middle of what has been a rough couple of months--but life seems pretty darn good right now and I feel quite blessed.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY, double YAY, and YAY again.

I'm happy for you Heidi!

love you and miss you- Shan

AMT said...

Such happy news all around!

Kate said...

YAAAAAAAAAY!! I'm glad that life seems bright again :) I hope it stays that way!

I'm so happy to hear that your Dad's procedure went well. I'll keep keeping him in my prayers.