Monday, November 26, 2007

"American Boy Doll" in Training

It's hard to believe, I know, but my niece Kelsie turned 9 last week. Since I was home in NY for Thanksgiving break all last week, one of my duties on Tuesday night was bringing her birthday presents from my parents over to her house. Her big gift from my parents was one of those American Girl dolls that so many kids go crazy for. I actually don't get it myself, but I was never much for dolls that were mostly for looking at and not playing with--in fact, I wasn't much for dolls in general. Anyway, the one she got was Felicity, I think.


Cute, right?

Aidan, her little brother, was surprisingly okay with all these presents Kelsie was opening. Perhaps that was because he was more interested in the box that Felicity came in. Seriously--he started trying to lay in the box just like the doll had laid in it. I don't think we realized it at first, but once we did, it was fun to watch him try to fit his (pretty big) two-and-a-half year old body into the box.

So, I present to you Aidan's bid to be become the first American Boy Doll.


Step One: He tries the box on his head.


Step Two: He decides to try a different approach--carefully lie down in the box. (And I have to say, I find the photo kind of creepy--it looks like he's in a coffin).


Step Three: He realizes I think this is pretty funny and he decides to ham it up.

So what do you think, America? Are you interested in buying one of these dolls? He's pretty darn cute, but he also comes with a temper and addictions to the following: Spongebob Squarepants, Diego, "No!", "Mine!", and random acts of violence. (I hope my brother doesn't get mad if he reads this--Chris, you know I love the kid!)

More Thanksgiving week photos to come!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow... I can't believe how big the kids are getting!!! I have to agree with you on the creepiness of the one picture though... it really does look like he is in a coffin. And... with my fear of enclosed spaces (like trunks of cars!) you couldn't pay me to lay in a coffin (alive)!!!

Ok...enough creepy talk! I think the American Boy Doll is a great idea!

Heather said...

The Oprah show had a segment about the American Girls dolls last week. They went to the factory then unveiled the doll for 2008. I have to say that if I was about 20 years younger, I would love one of those dolls. Did I just say if I was TWENTY years younger...yikes!