Sunday, August 26, 2018

So long, Summer 2018

26 August 2018: Looking back--and here's where a daily blog is pretty darn helpful--I think I did this summer right. For a whole lot of it, I just did what I wanted to. I took little trips. I hung out with people I love. I got some work done, but not a ton. And yes: I spent a lot of time doing "big thinking" (one of my favorite vague-isms, I know), which can be self-indulgent and maybe unhealthy.

But man, did I have fun.

I still feel like (know?) that I am in a new/strange place emotionally/professionally/personally. And I think it's good, though also kind of scary. As I've sort of written about before the summer actually started, I feel this deeply, even if I can't quite put what it is into precise words. But whatever it is, it really dug itself in this summer and will change the way the semester plays out, I think.

So...the fall semester starts tomorrow. I spent today getting some last minute work done, doing some reading, and cleaning the house. Basically, putting all the ducks in a row. This evening, Amy and I took a long walk, got dinner, and played Pandemic: Iberia. Kind of a perfect way to wrap it up.

And here we go...

No comments: