Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The perfect relaxed dinner...

28 May 2014: Today wore me the heck out. I think part of it is that I didn't sleep all that well last night (and the night before). Then, after a long-ish day at school (for the summer, anyway), I rushed home to get the lawn mowed before the rain started. (I am a bit pathological about this--about getting the whole thing done in one shot.) And that meant hurriedly mowing the lawn in hot, gross, and humid weather. But I did it--and beat the rain (and it still hasn't rained, which is kind of annoying). I took a shower, did some other work, and then went to meet my friend Anna for dinner.

I found myself a bit worried that I wouldn't be a good dinner companion--I was feeling so tired and mellow and chill. But it was actually a lovely time--the perfect way to spend an evening that I would have otherwise spent vegging out on the couch or something. We went to a pretty mellow restaurant, which helped. More than that, though, I am grateful for a friend with whom I can just be kind of tired and yawn-y (new word?) and still have a good time.

2 comments:

AMT said...

The menu for that restaurant looks good, especially for lunch.

We had the same problem with the inaccurate weather forecast here this week, too. It was supposed to rain/storm all afternoon on Tuesday and Wednesday, but instead it was dry and sunny. It made it very hard to plan out gardening time this week. However, today they got the forecast just right-- it was rainy all day long. So, all gardening has been planned for tomorrow!

Heidi said...

It's a good restaurant! We'll have to go the next time you're here.