Friday, May 23, 2014

Cure for cynicism...

23 May 2014: Tonight I had dinner with some friends/colleagues (some of the group from this picture). We drove to a place over in Hagerstown where I'd never been before. Great food, great conversation, and a fine time all around.

It was a great day for a drive, too: perfect weather and everything green and blooming. On the way back, as I sat in the back seat and my friend Amy sat in the passenger seat, my friend Kathy, who was driving, talked about her life, her family, and, specifically, her marriage. She and her husband have been together for nearly forty years and have been through so much together. It does my heart good to hear these kinds of stories. The world can make you awfully cynical about love and commitment, so it's quite nice to be reminded that there are people who make it work.

No comments: