Sunday, May 25, 2014

Catching up with friends...

24 May 2014: I drove to Frederick yesterday to catch up with my friends Hannah and Cory. We had dinner at a place I'd never been before (yummy!) and then just spent some time talking and catching up. I actually first met these two through school--Hannah was a super-star SU English major--but we've kept in touch since she's graduated and started grad school at American. The good thing about hanging out with other literature-minded folks is that I can really let my nerd-flag fly. Topics included Jhumpa Lahiri, Frederick Douglass, teaching literature pedagogy, and lots o' TV.

I realize that a lot of these posts are about lunch/dinner/drinks/hanging out with friends and sometimes I wish I could add a bit more variety, but then I talk myself out of it. If what I am trying to do is be actively aware of the parts of my life for which I should be grateful, it's quite nice to see how blessed I am when it comes to great friends. It might not make for great reading for anyone but me, though. Hmm...

2 comments:

AMT said...

I like reading it!

Heidi said...

Awww...that's because you are an awesome friend. I'm lucky to have you in my life. (Cheese alert!)