Thursday, January 23, 2014

Is it spring yet?

After being snowed in for two days, I woke up really restless today and in a bit of a funk. I need my routine, my normal schedule, and you know, actual human contact. So I thought I'd get to school earlier than I needed to (I don't have class until 3:15). I got everything together for a productive, full day at school, got in the car, drove a block, and found myself unable to make a right turn. That's how bad the roads still are. In fact, the guy in front of me at the intersection got stuck and had to wave me around him. So, I turned left, thinking I'd go down a block, turn into the shopping center, turn around, and then try to make *that* right turn. After all, that particular intersection is a busy one, with our town's only traffic light (ha!). Bad move. Now it was my turn to get stuck. I had to back up, turn around, and make my way home on some sketchy back roads.

I do want to point out that there's not that much snow. It's just crappy/non-existent snow-removal techniques, combined with cold weather, has led to quite a mess. So frustrating. 

So I suppose I'll walk to school today. Not a big deal--and I am really lucky that I live so close, but man, I hate winter.

No comments: