Sunday, July 7, 2013

Just a little getaway

It has been a lovely weekend overall. Yesterday evening, I drove into my friend/"work husband's" Tim's house (about an hour away) and had dinner with him and his partner. Iyt was his birthday, which made it even more festive and fun. I crashed at their place for the night (sleeping on what I think of as a "Princess and the Pea" style bed in their guest room--I have to climb onto it!).

Today was the highlight--or at the least the main reason for my visit--a trip to Daedalus Books. Amazing. We were there for at least two hours. Eighty bucks later, I have a shopping bag full of books--new, awesome books. So much fun. Then lunch at a yummy lunch at an Indian restaurant and home again to WV for me.

I really needed this tiny little getaway. This summer seems to be flying by and I've been more busy than I anticipated. I feel like I am juggling a dozen different tasks and projects and not making much progress with any of them. But just a day away with people you love can really make a difference.

Tomorrow, back to work: Session B of this year's first-year advising and registration sessions gets started.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a chance to get away for a day or two--sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes to refresh your outlook. I'm also intrigued by a new bookstore! Maybe Josh and I will take a trip there! The more books, the better. :)

AMT said...

Yaaay! You got to go! I've been wondering about that.

Heidi said...

I sure did, Amber. Thanks for being on the other end of the phone during my little hissy fit. :)

Heidi said...

Anna: you and Josh would love it! Go and make a day of it. :)

AMT said...

I'm always available if you need to throw any type of fit!