Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Picture it...

Here's a crazy image from yesterday that would be sure to entertain (or scare!) anyone driving by my house yesterday: Me, in gym shorts, a ratty t-shirt, and a sweaty baseball hat (lovely, right?), listening to my iPod, pushing a lawnmower, and singing along to "Rainbow High" from Evita. That's some juxtaposition of glamor and well, the opposite of glamor. If you don't know the song, you can give it a listen here. (The link is from the Elena Rodger version, which I saw on Broadway last summer. My preferred version, of course, and the one I was singing along to, is the Patti LuPone version, but I couldn't find a decent youtube version.)

Most of the time, I listen to podcasts when I mow the lawn, but I felt like music yesterday. This is probably not the best decision for my public image (which matters so very much to me!), though, as I find that I can't help but sing along and even kind of dance when I do so. The mower becomes a reluctant dance partner.

Again, what an image!

No comments: