Monday, February 11, 2013

Sometimes the title says it all...

...but you should read the whole thing anyway. Here's the title: "Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence Both Want an Oscar. That's Not a Catfight."

And just a bit more: "Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner may be at similar points in their careers, and are probably competing for some of the same roles in search of a definitive chance to break out with the public. But there's room for both of them, and I certainly haven't heard of an anonymous whisper campaign suggesting that the two are eager to claw each other's eyes out at the next awards show after-party." Preach on, Alyssa Rosenberg!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It makes me grit my teeth when women are portrayed as vindictive, small people, and not even close to the same supposition is made regarding men. Ugh.

I think Jessica Chastain is lovely, and her movie is amazing. Likewise, so is Jennifer Lawrence and her movie. I voted online for who I wanted to receive the Oscar, and it was tough to decide between them! (For the record, I voted for Chastain). Furthermore, whenever an actress has been nominated and won, nine times out of ten, she is nothing but gracious to her fellow nominees.

So people need to shut up. Geez.

Heidi said...

I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty (those kinds of movies aren't usually my thing), but I heard she was amazing in it. And I loved Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook. And yeah: people need to shut up about this cat-fight nonsense.