Saturday, November 3, 2012

Long time, no post...

First of all, it's just mind boggling and heart-breaking to see what's going on up in New York and New Jersey. Words fail. I am not even going to attempt to be eloquent.

It's been a long time since my last post. No great excuses: just busy, busy, busy. I turned in the big binder, which actually morphed into two binders. I went to the SSAWW conference in Denver (which was awesome). I sent off final final final (I think they are final) revisions to that Poe article and the Winnemucca/Mann article. I taught my section of the Intro to Women's Studies course. And now I am just about ready to present another paper at SAMLA (the Fanny Fern paper). Life in the fast lane, right?

Now that I can kind of see the light at the end of the tunnel, I have a strange feeling...something about being without any "you've gotta do A, B, and C before so you can graduate/so that you can get a job/so that you can get through third year review/so that you can get tenure and promotion" pressure for the first time since...maybe 2001? It's a strange but kind of cool feeling. Now I want to catch my breath a bit and then focus on some projects, but without that "you've gotta do this!" pressure. Sounds good to me.

And here's another bit of happy anticipation: my new niece should be here any day now. Can't wait to meet her.

1 comment:

AMT said...

Catch your breath, then visit with me! :)