Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Closed!

Closing went well today. The whole thing took less than an hour and was actually kind of fun. I was moving stuff into the new house by 12:00. Four absolutely packed carloads, some more packing, and a decent amount of cleaning later, I am WIPED out! Let me take a moment to sing the praises of my Mazda 3 hatchback, which can fit a ton of stuff into it once I put the seats down.

Anyway, the movers come tomorrow morning to do the rest--all the furniture and heavy lifting (books, etc). But already, I've made progress settling in and making the place feel like home.

Tonight, one last night in the old apartment. And then on we go! Thanks for all your well-wishes. I've got awesome friends.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy your last night at your apartment, and enjoy setting up at your new house :)

AMT said...

Great news! Did you have to sign 100 papers at closing like on all the shows on hgtv?

Shannon said...

darn straight you have awesome friends!!

congrats Heidi "Home-owner" Hanrahan!!

Heather said...

Congrats Heidi! I am so happy and excited for you.