Sunday, April 26, 2009

Alumni Weekend

I am still trying to process the fact that my ten-year college reunion was last week. Shannon has already posted a ton of great photos, but here are some of my contributions. I really thought I took more pictures than this (and Shannon has already called me out on the fact that I don't have any of her), but what can you do?


Caitlyn, my road-trip companion for the weekend. She and I rode in the back of her parents' new car. We enjoyed a selection of wonderful DVDs, including "Elmocize!" and, my personal favorite, a compilation that included "Harry the Dirty Dog" and this great little story about a Scotty dog and some ducks.


Holding baby Morgan, the daughter of my freshman-year roommate. I am just going to lay it out there: Morgan was the first of several babies I contemplated stealing that weekend.


Beth holding Morgan. I think Beth thought about stealing her, too--or at least getting started on Baby #2.


Two of my favorite people: Mike and Mary.


The always-adorable Allison and her fiance, Greg.


Caitlyn enjoying her burger from Five Guys. This was a compromise dinner: our favorite pizza place in town closed down (sad!), but none of us had tried Five Guys before, so we gave it a shot. Verdict: delicious! (And messy--especially if you are two years old.)


What would a trip back to Salem be without a drive up to the Homeplace? Here are Beth and Caitlyn sitting outside before the restaurant opened.


Caitlyn and her daddy swinging.


Sharon, Chris, and their kids joined us at the Homeplace. Here's a cute shot of Abby and Sharon.


This was the first time I met Colin, Sharon and Chris's new baby. How cute is he?


I did not want to put him down!


Abby and Caitlyn playing after lunch. Cute, right?

Anyway, those are all the pictures I have--until next year! And next year will be even better because Jane will be back, Amber, Mike and Baby Tran will be there, and Heather, Burt and the boys will be there, too. (That's right--you all have no choice in the matter.)

No comments: