Thursday, September 11, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Pictures

As I mentioned earlier, Labor Day Weekend found me in New York, helping babysit for my sister and brother-in-law. (They were off in California to attend The Daily Randi's Wedding.) Christian and Jennifer (my brother and sister-in-law) had been watching Olivia and Colin since Wednesday morning. I picked them up and brought them back to their house on Saturday afternoon and watched them until their parents came back on Sunday night. By Monday, I was on my way back to West Virginia.

It was a quick trip, but a pretty good one, all things considered. I did take a few pictures worth sharing. The first few are from Chris and Jennifer's house. They actually had a belated birthday celebration for me, complete with a barbecue and cake (thus, Aidan's cake-face in the picture below.) I don't get to see the kids nearly as often as I'd like to (although now I do more than when I lived in NC), so I loved getting the chance to play with all four of them in the backyard.


The boys on the swings. Notice Aidan's shoes and the ball in his hand. Yes, his Sponge Bob obsession continues unabated.


The girls and I played some wiffle ball. Kelsie needs to work on her stance here, but in her defense, I was making her look into the sun as I took this picture.


Olivia also needs to work on her fundamentals, but you can't deny her enthusiasm.

After lunch, I took the Colin and Olivia back to their place, where we spent the next day and a half swimming, playing, and just having fun. Yes, I did deal with an occasional meltdown and tantrum, but all in all, no complaints from me.


I know what you are thinking: "What a sweet picture of a brother helping his sister climb up the slide." Well, looks can be deceiving. This little brother is quite the stinker and is actually trying to block her ascent, desperate to prove that he is the only one who can climb up on that side (without using the steps around back). Lovely, isn't he?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like we both got some good quality nephew/ niece time in over labor day weekend! My niece is 13 going on something... she was having a "good Tori" weekend. She readily admits to having a very evil side to her... and that she is really good at being evil. Gotta love 13 year olds!!

Love Aiden's shoes and ball! Mike is a huge fan of spongebob too! Did you ever get Aiden that spongebob thermometer???