Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Midterm week...

Piles of grading in front of me--stacks that will only grow bigger.
Numbers to crunch and equations to work out (who said English majors don't use math?)
Students on edge.

Yup--it's midterm week.

Here's a little something that makes me smile when I feel a bit overwhelmed: the Daily Dickinson website. Today's poem isn't exactly a shiny happy offering (how many Dickinson poems really are?), but there is this little gem from Goethe that the blogger has included in a posting from a few days ago:

"One ought every day at least to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words. "

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Good Luck with all the grading! I am sending lots of speedy grading vibes your way!

Heather said...

Happy Midterm Week, Heidi. It is midterm week for us as well. Thankfully, since I only teach labs, that doesn't add any work for me. I do need to figure out how to turn in grades for my one lab before Monday, though. Guess I should get busy with that...