Saturday, February 3, 2018

Phantom Thread

3 February 2018: "Kiss me, my girl, before I'm sick." --Reynolds in Phantom Thread.

What a film this is! That line--which I almost hesitate to post (not that anyone reads this!)--is potentially a spoiler, but it made me laugh with a kind of wicked delight and I knew I adored it. And like everyone says, it's probably best to go into this one as blind as possible.

Tonight I was talking with Amy about ranking the ones we've seen (everything except Dunkirk and Darkest Hour). Right now I still think Get Out is my choice for the Best Picture Oscar, but boy did I love this film. The thing is, right now I think my second choice is three-way tie between Phantom Thread, Lady Bird, and Call Me By Your Name. I, Tonya and The Shape of Water fall right below those.

So much to love at the movies this past year.

No comments: