Friday, August 4, 2017

Everything is Copy

4 August 2017: "I now believe that what my mother meant was this: When you slip on a banana peel, people laugh at you. But when you tell people you slipped on a banana peel, it's you're a laugh, so you become a hero rather than the victim of the joke. I think that's what she meant. On the other hand, she may merely have meant everything is copy." --Nora Ephron in Everything is Copy

Today has been kind of fantastic. My friend Hannah met me in the morning to accompany me to the eye doctor so that she could help me pick out new frames. (Her fashion sense is spot-on, while mine is...spot-off?) Then we had lunch and came back here to watch movies and just chill. Fabulous. In addition to Everything is Copy, a favorite of hers, we watched The Incredible Jessica James (such fun) and even some Parks and Rec. Lots of fabulous women being awesome. A nice way to spend the day during this week when I am trying to pull off the whole stay-cation vibe (though I am not a fan of that word).

No comments: