Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"Between the Lines"

9 August 2017: “So I've learned to listen through silence.” –Sara Bareilles, “Between the Lines”

A quiet day here, one split between two very different sets of activities. The morning was more physical: a long walk and then yard work galore. The afternoon/evening: preparing PowerPoint presentations for my Bible as Literature class. Regardless, I have spent a lot of time in my own head space.

The line above, from yet another Sara Bareilles song (is she secretly one of my favorites of all time now, without me even realizing it?), stood out to me today because A) it fits my blog theme for the year and B) it is a kind of (not necessarily easy) answer to some big questions I have been wondering about. It’s almost a cliché, I know, but what you don’t hear speaks volumes. That’s good and probably quite healthy to remember, realize, and admit.

Now back to those thrilling PowerPoints I go…

No comments: