Wednesday, August 17, 2016

New old hat

17 August 2016: A week ago, I posted about finally deciding to get rid of this old hat. However, even after posting that, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. It sat in the house for another week. When I was in NY, though, hanging on the door of his old room, I found three of Ryan's old hats. They are all fishing-themed--not really my thing, but kind of perfect for sweaty yard work. So I asked my mom if I could take one. "Take all three!" she (and my dad) insisted. So I did. (I actually wore one to the game on Saturday night, just to kind of make it like a piece of him was there with us.)

So the old Roanoke hat hit the trash today and I mowed the lawn in this new one. A free replacement for an old possession and one that reminds me of my brother? I like that a lot.

No comments: