Sunday, July 3, 2016

Fun Home

30 June 2016: [Some catching-up posts here as I was out of town...]

Thursday marked the beginning of my mini-vacation to NYC with Tim. We hopped the bus up to the city, arriving in time to check in to the hotel, change quickly, and grab some dinner (at a great place with a fantastic name: "Little Steamed Bun Ramen") before the highlight of our trip--the whole reason for the trip, in fact: seeing Fun Home.

Guys: Fun Home is amazing. I found myself seeing the original book in new ways, found myself laughing, thinking really deeply, and, yeah, crying. Just amazing. Below is Sydney Lucas's performance of the number that gets the most love (with good reason): "Ring of Keys." We didn't see Lucas (she has moved onto other roles), but the little girl we did see, Gabriella Pizzolo, was phenomenal.


No comments: