Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Good friends who will lend you stuff...

31 May 2016: I was about 2/3 of the way done mowing my lawn today when the mower overheated and, even after over an hour, wouldn't start up again.

Having it partially done drives me crazy, as I've written about before. Jut like I did when the mower died on me last summer in a similar situation last summer, I texted my friend Anna and asked if I could borrow her mower. Luckily, her husband Josh was home and within 45 minutes, I picked it up, took it home, unloaded it, finished my yard, put the thing back in my car (no easy task, especially when the engine is HOT. Ouch!), took a quick shower, drove it back to Josh and Anna's, and made it to trivia basically on time. I was so pleased with myself I was practically pumping my fists in the air...

...which is pretty ridiculous, but also sums me up pretty darn well.

Anyway, Anna and Josh rock and I am lucky to have friends like them who don't mind lending me their stuff.

No comments: