Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pictures and notes

6 January 2016: You know what made me smile the most today? These notes and pictures from my niece and nephew.

Here are Olivia's:

I

The picture is entitled "Christmas Day" and is a pretty accurate depiction of her family room. The note cracks me up. Some highlights: "How did you know I love Taylor Swift? Her perfume is amazing." (Those are actually double underlines.) "My mom likes it to, so I've let her use it a couple of times. Then she talks about how she's reading the book I gave her, even identifying an "interesting character!" These documents are so very Olivia: bright, frenetic, energetic. 

Here are Colin's: 


The picture is careful and controlled, as is his handwriting in the note. It's Colin in document form. The picture also has a title that cracks me up: "Good Life." Awwww...Little Man trying to sound grown up. His note is also great: first he talks about how "it will be interesting to learn about the history of the presidents" in the book I gave him. Then he says, "You would also not believe how cool the light is. There are different colors and it looks like you are underwater! Perfect for a dance party!"

These kids rock.

No comments: