Monday, June 9, 2014

When a song brings you back...

7 June 2014: I suppose I was still feeling angsty and a bit uneasy for most of Saturday (and most the weekend, in fact), but while I was out for a walk, this song came up on my iPod. I know it's not the coolest song, but it always calms me down and makes me happier. And it always reminds me of a particularly happy stretch of days not too long ago. (Not to be cryptic...nothing scandalous, I promise...) Like I said, hearing it didn't instantly make everything better, but it helped, and I appreciated that quite a bit.



(And yes, I know there is one line in this song that doesn't make sense: when he says "God-forsaken right to be loved," he means "God-given," but I like the song so much that I overlook it. That's saying something!)


No comments: