Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wrapping up ENGL 446

30 April 2014: My ENGL 446 class had its last meeting yesterday during the final exam time. We had a few more presentations to get through and also used the occasion for a celebration of sorts. People brought food (so many chocolate chip cookies!), etc. When the presentations were over, folks were a bit reluctant to leave, myself included. It's been a strange, often difficult semester (for a number of reasons), but that class was always a bright spot (my classes always are, but this one really was). I'll miss it and I'll miss seeing them. I think some (most?) of them feel the same way. That's a bittersweet feeling to have at the end of the semester, but I'll take it any day over "thank God that's over!"

(Alternate post: an equally sappy meditation about all the amazing students who are graduating this year. I'll save that one for graduation day, maybe.)

No comments: