Thursday, March 13, 2014

Distractions

11 & 12 March 2014: I am cheating a bit here and making this a two-for-one post, but the two days--and what I am most thankful for--are really similar. I've had some stuff on my mind lately and, in general, I can get into darker moods when my normal schedule is thrown off (as it has been with Spring Break this week). So, I needed some happy distractions. Both Tuesday and Wednesday found me spending large parts of the day with friends (two different friends), just hanging out, talking, and watching movies. I realize that "distraction" isn't the right word here, because it implies that such time with my friends isn't valuable in and of itself, so maybe there's a better term out there. For now, though, I'll just say how grateful I am for friends who can be there when they don't even know how much I need them.

No comments: