Friday, February 14, 2014

Little moments from a snow day

13 February 2014: We got slammed with snow yesterday (about 18 inches). Not fun--especially the digging out afterwards. However, there were a couple of lovely moments for which I am grateful.

First, I watched my neighbors and their dogs (two groups) playing in the snow. The neighbors' son tossed their playful puppy deep into the snow. The dog loved it, jumping back up and barking his request to get tossed again. Pure joy.

Second, as I was shoveling, I watched some students who live in the apartments up the road a bit start to walk to the path that cuts over to campus. A girl came first, but right behind her, a guy (her boyfriend, it turns out) ran up. He playfully knocked her down into the snow and laughed and laid there for a moment, then got up and walked together. It was very sweet.

Lovely little moments in an otherwise gray day.

No comments: